Knowledgeable Florida Attorneys Aggressively Defend Clients Accused of DUI/DWIs
Providing strong, experienced DUI and DWI criminal defense in Bartow
Everyone makes mistakes, especially when their judgment is impaired from drug use or alcohol. If a person has been drinking or taking prescription or other drugs, a normal, everyday activity such as operating a motor vehicle becomes a dangerous action. Those charged with DUI or DWI in Polk County or Hardee County can trust their legal defense to Lobb & Mohr.
Reputable DUI/DWI attorneys make sure clients understand their legal issue
Driving under the influence (DUI) is a serious crime. Sometimes referred to as DWI, or driving while intoxicated, this infraction carries significant penalties, which only get worse with subsequent convictions. For these criminal charges, it is critical to your freedom and your future to retain skilled, knowledgeable DUI defense attorneys as quickly as possible. At Lobb & Mohr, our lawyers have more than 38 years of combined courtroom experience, much of it focused on handling misdemeanor and felony charges.
When you are pulled over and given a test to judge your blood alcohol level, the police officers look for a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 or above. Depending on the size of the person, that level could be reached if you’ve had as few as one or two, or as many as four or five. The legal BAC limit for drivers under 21, at 0.02, is far lower than that. You can reach that level by consuming less than one alcoholic beverage. Although commonly thought of as drunk driving, DWI or DUI can also refer to driving a vehicle under the influence of drugs, be they chemical substances or controlled substances.
Our law firm fights aggressively against a DUI conviction
Thinking that you can beat DUI or DWI charges on your own is a mistake. At Lobb & Mohr, we know the ins and outs of local courts and how these cases are built — and defeated. If you are thinking you can’t afford a legal defense, the truth is you can’t afford a conviction. We offer a free initial consultation so you can get the help you need.
Florida takes these actions very seriously, and so do our Bartow defense lawyers. DUI and DWI convictions come with severe penalties:
- First offense:
- Fine of $500–$1,000 and possible prison sentence up to six months
- If BAC was over 0.15 or if there was a minor in the car at the time: fine of $1,000–- $2,000 and possible prison sentence up to nine months
- 10-day vehicle impoundment
- Driver’s license revoked for 180 days
- Second offense:
- Fine of $1,000–$2,000 and possible prison term up to nine months
- If BAC was over 0.15 or if there was a minor in the car at the time: fine of $2,000– $4,000 and possible prison sentence up to 12 months
- If the second conviction occurs within five years of the first, mandatory 10 days in jail
- Installation of an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) on your vehicle, meaning in order to start your car, you have to blow into that device and register your BAC lower than 0.08
- 30-day vehicle impoundment
- Driver’s license revoked for five years
- Third offense within 10 years:
- Felony DUI
- Fine of $2,000–$5,000 and up to five years imprisonment; if BAC was over 0.15 or if there was a minor in the car at the time, minimum $4,000 fine
- If the third conviction occurs within ten years of the first, mandatory 30 days in jail
- 90-day vehicle impoundment
- Driver’s license revoked for 10 years
There are even more penalties for DUI crimes, and those penalties increase greatly if there was a collision and if anyone was injured or killed.
Trust your reputation to a reputable DUI defense law firm in Bartow
Facing criminal charges is daunting for anyone, but those who stand the best chance at protecting their future trust skilled, experienced criminal defense lawyers such as William Lobb and Nicholas Mohr at Lobb & Mohr. Our defense attorneys represent clients throughout Polk and Hardee counties. Call 863-410-0134 or contact us online today to schedule your free initial consultation.