Search Site
Family Law

Florida Family Law Attorneys Provide Strong Legal Support During Difficult Times

Trusted family lawyers assisting clients in Bartow, Florida

There are few areas of the law more emotionally fraught than family law. Retaining a legal advocate who understands what you are going through and will support your interests throughout your case is essential to your emotional and financial well-being. At Lobb & Mohr, our lawyers handle all aspects of family law throughout Polk and Hardee counties.

Strong attorneys protect clients’ legal rights in divorce

No one foresees their marriage ending in divorce. Although couples often try to stay together, a dissolution of marriage may be the right step forward. Once the decision is made, it is important to trust experienced, knowledgeable family lawyers to handle your case with confidence and compassion. Lobb & Mohr represents clients with all divorce matters, including:

  • Contested divorce
  • Uncontested divorce
  • Alimony/spousal support
  • Division of property, including businesses, real property and military pensions
  • Child support
  • Child custody, including time-sharing and parenting plans
  • Paternity
  • Military divorce
  • Collaborative divorce
  • Attorney’s fee requests
  • Child relocation
  • Child support enforcement
  • Prenuptial and post-marital agreements
  • Post-divorce modification
  • Temporary restraining orders
  • Domestic violence
  • Grandparent rights

William J. Lobb, Nicholas C. Mohr, and our dedicated staff ​ work closely with you to establish your goals and create precise avenues to carry out your intentions.

Reliable family law firm works with paternity orders

When the presumed father is not legally married to the mother of the children, the issue of paternity is vital to family law matters such as child support and child custody. Paternity actions legally clarify who are a child’s parents. Once paternity is established through DNA testing, the biological parents can pursue parental responsibility, child support and time-sharing arrangements.

Experienced attorneys effectively handle post-divorce modifications and enforcement

Once a court order is entered, the parties are bound to the terms of the order. But as time goes on and you move forward with your life, you may want to amend the terms of your family arrangements or push your former spouse to uphold the terms of the divorce or legal order. Some of the issues that can be dealt with in a modification are:

  • Child support
  • Time-sharing (custody, parenting plans and visitation)
  • Alimony

Child support is required by law until the child reaches age 18, marries, or joins the armed forces. If they cannot follow the terms of the order, the payer can seek to legally modify the agreement. Those who fail to make their support payments may face child support enforcement, a legal action that can have serious economic impacts. Our family law attorneys can advise you about the best way to enforce the established orders.

Skillfully representing clients in child relocation

As your life changes and your children get older, you might need to relocate with your children, rendering a previous parenting plan unworkable. A parenting plan modification is required if the primary residence of a parent and/or child is relocated more than 50 miles from where they resided when the order was drafting, and the relocation will persist for more than 60 days. Before making such a move, contact our office so that we may advise you of your rights and obligations.

Legal counsel involving appointment of guardians

Your will allows you to make decisions about the future care of your minor children. Naming a guardian is especially important if you are a single parent, but even married couples must consider the remote possibility of perishing in a common incident. If you do not name a guardian, the court will appoint one whose decisions may be in conflict with your parenting goals. You can also make arrangements for your pets’ care in your will, even naming a guardian to assume ownership.

Contact a Polk County family law firm you can trust

Our firm represents clients in and around Bartow, including Lakeland, Winter Haven, Polk City, Mulberry, and Homeland, and throughout Polk and Hardee counties. For reliable, confident legal representation in family law matters, call Lobb & Mohr at 863-410-0134 or contact us online today to schedule a free initial consultation.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Location
  • Bartow Office
    295 West Summerlin Street
    Bartow, Florida 33830
    Phone: 863-533-4433
    Fax: 863-534-8672